Can you believe how fast May went by? Holy cow...
My highlights for this week were:
- We did a scambio with Sorella McHardy and Roseno. I love them! They are so funny! I went with Sorella McHardy and I love her. We had an appointment with Blessing. It went so well and she prayed with us for the first time. She is opening up to us!
- We went to the Genova zone conference to do a training on how to end an English class. It went well. It was also nice to get a preview to our own zone conference that will be tomorrow. It was a really good and spiritual conference.
- There was a party for a departing missionary. We went with Gaia and Gaia loved it. There was a time open where people could express their feelings towards Susuanna and Gaia thought that it was so amazing that people could express their feelings in front of everyone just like that.
- Speaking of Gaia... She bore her testimony to us for the first time. She didn't even realize it until we pointed it out. It was so strong and I know that she is ready to take this step of baptism. She has been seeing such amazing blessings from the gospel in her life and she recognizes that they only come when you live the gospel and accept it into your life.
- We were able to teach Elena again with a member in our ward that speaks Chinese. He is the only one that speaks Chinese. Elena brought a friend so it was more of teaching her friend what Elena already knows but it was a good review for Elena. She has started reading the Book of Mormon. She is the cutest girl. I love her so much! I've never wished I could speak Chinese so bad.
- You know Heavenly Father cares about you when you finally find a new pair of light, cool, missionary shoes that are so cheap after you have given up after searching all morning outside a random subway stop. Thank goodness for markets and old Italian ladies that keep sister missionary shoes in production!
- Probably one of the biggest miracles of my week may not seem very big at all. I was on scambio and we were waiting for a bus. There was a young couple, obviously having a very serious conversation as they were both crying, the guy finally got mad and threw a phone straight on the ground and completely shattered the screen. (I think it was his own phone so oh well.) Then he stormed away and left the girl there. Then a middle aged man started talking to the girl to make sure she was alright and then joked with her for a little in an effort to make her feel better. Well, he was also on our same metro that we needed to take. A completely drunk guy who couldn't even walk straight with more alcohol in his hand got onto the metro and sat down. Usually you try to avoid drunk men like this, rightfully so because sometimes you never know how they are going to react. But this man from the bus stop walked up to him and took the extra alcohol away and threw it away. Then, gave him something to clean up his hand because it was cut and bleeding. After, he continued to try to help the guy until he was eventually yelled at by the drunk guy. It was so amazing to see the multiple acts of kindness that this man did for these strangers. It made me so grateful for people like this in the world who search to help in the small ways they can instead of keeping their head down and "minding their own". We can get so scared of intruding on someone that we forget to help.
Well, I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week! Enjoy the last week of May!!
Also, if you guys have 2 minutes you should read 2 Nephi 32:8 and 9 in the Book of Mormon. It talks about prayer. Prayer is too important to forget because every single one us has problems and weaknesses that we cannot overcome without divine help. That divine help comes through prayer when we pray in the name of Jesus Christ.
Aren't we cute?
(I'd say they left their mark - W + A)
To the right we found a tavern with boisterous singing. We were so confused because we were in the middle of nowhere and here there were a bunch of men singing and eating haha. It reminded me of Tangled when they randomly run into the tavern. They were all shouting for us to come eat haha.