Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Spiky Balls and Finding - Finding is Awesome



For P-day this week we stayed in Modena. We were going to go to the Ferrari museum. Well, we went. But you had to actually pay to get inside and so we thought we would settle for the gift shop and get a cute little car souvenir instead. Yeah the little car in the gift shop cost 330 euro! The gift shop was ridiculously expensive. So we settled for an art museum that we got into for free because we are missionaries. I really enjoyed the art museum. There were quite a few paintings and a lot of them were done in the 1500s or before. So that was awesome. The weather here has started to get cooler and things are starting to fall off trees. There are these one things from the trees that are all over the bike path. They are these little spikey balls. It always makes me feel like I'm in real-life MarioKart as I try to dodge all of them on my bike. Haha. Sorella Stevens later informed me that they're Chestnuts! 

Then on Thursday, we were able to see Modesta. She's a little old lady who lives in a nursing home. She's so cute. She's been really down lately. So we are now searching for ways to help lighten her spirit. I enjoy seeing her though. Being in the nursing home makes me miss being a CNA. We met Maura, too. She's one of our investigators and it was the first time we met her. She's so sweet and she has a good faith. She knows the missionaries and loves them. The Anziani went with us so they could introduce her to us. English class was more of just the usual. 

Friday we had weekly planning and it went really well. Sorella Stevens and I talked a lot about the work here and what we can do here to make a difference. I made her some tiramisu and we went to see Sorella Palmieri. I love going to see her. She loves talking to us about serving her mission and her different companions that she has had. Then we did finding in the park. Not a whole lot happened except that we saw Franco. We've seen him at the park a few times now. Last time we saw him he gave us money to go get gelato and he did the same again this time. He wouldn't take no for an answer! Then he wanted to buy us some real Modenese food at a restaurant on Saturday but it ended up not happening because we couldn't get in the car with him. Modenese is very popular for its food, along with Bologna. Tortellini, lasagna, tortalogni, and lots of other things!

Saturday we went to go see Marianne, who's a member and we messed up the address again! It was so frustrating! But what can ya do? Three (3) streets all named the same, why not? Pazienza. It worked out and she walked to come find us and walked with us to her house. It was nice to get to know her and finally find out where she lives!
Sorella Stevens gave her talk in church and she did amazing! My comp is the bomb and I love her to death! She killed it.

The rest of the week was pretty much filled up with finding. We had our first completely full day of finding since we got here. For those of you who are not a missionary, after a full day or long period of finding one of two things happens. 1) you see a miracle at the very end of finding when you're about to go home 2) you just end up laughing at everything because you're too tired. Both are miracles in their own way haha. We had the privilege to experience both this week. One was a family from Bolivia, whose son had taken the missionary lessons. They are a great potential and I'm excited to get in contact with them again.

Finding is awesome because you get the opportunity to talk to people you never would have talked to otherwise. Sorella Stevens and I are learning a few phrases in other languages because it's a fast ice breaker. Plus, when people don't speak Italian and they hear a phrase in their native language they get so happy. It reminds me of when I first got to Italy. One family even thought I was Albanian. Haha, nope!

"Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers." D&C 112:10 Humility is a hard trait to acquire. It means that when we have answers to our prayers, we follow these answers because we know someone knows better than we do. The Lord is always here for us, willing to guide us. I'm grateful for the guidance that I have received in my life that has led me to where I am today. I still have a lot of humbling to do, but it's a work in process!

I love you all!



Spiky Ball aka Chestnut
(now you've seen the streets of Modena)


No comments:

Post a Comment