Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Eggs are White??





This week has been pretty great. We had an awesome p day last week and went to Milan and looked at all the shops. It's was so cool and it's weird because there's really so much fur here.

On Thursday we went to help Sorellla Mangano take down her Christmas decorations. It was nice to help her and she had us over for dinner too. We got to know her daughter a bit better too. So she had the TV on and there was this weird commercial with dancing aliens, Sorella Orr and I busted up laughing. You could tell we have both been on the mission for a long time. Haha.

On Friday we had scambio. I was with Sorella Williams and it was so awesome to be with her. She is such a great missionary and I felt like I just learned a lot from her while having the time of my life. I love getting to meet the people from Cimiano too. We had dinner with this one family, the Castros. They're from El Salvador and we ate papoosas.... I think that's how you spell/say it. But it was literally so good! Then we had fun being able to talk and have fun at night.

Saturday was a miracle day. First, Livia and Guido answered our call and we will see them next week. Second, we got to see Franny, Mondi, Sorella Bassi, and a couple in the hospital. Third, it wasn't that cold. The weather was perfect. Fourth, my comp fed a peacock from her hand in a hospital courtyard. The peacocks loved us. They wanted to follow us into the hospital after we fed them. They were like Kevin from Up. The couple we visited in the hospital are members from Foggia, way down south. They are up here because the wife needed to have a surgery and they are just sweet as peas! I love them so much. We will be visiting them while they are here because they are here alone without family.

Sunday was super fun! So we went and had lunch at a fairly newlywed couple's house from the ward. They have two birds that they just let fly around sometimes and they just let them go! So they let them out after church and they were going crazy! They were flying all around the room. It's kind of funny to nervously watch and we nervously hoped they wouldn't come flying at our head. But they will land on your head, shoulder, everything. Needless to say one landed on my head and I was freaking out telling Sorella Orr to get it off. We are both dying we are laughing so hard. (All the while the couple is getting changed out of their Sunday clothes.) it finally got off and kept flying around the room and we are on the couch hitting out heads on each other trying to hide behind one another. It was seriously so funny. I was dying.

Random fact. Sorella Orr pointed out that eggs in America are white. They're only brown here and it blew my mind that eggs are so white. It's so weird!

Monday was a good day. We went to see Sorella Mollica in the hospital and had dinner with the Ferranti family. Sorella Mollica is so strong and despite all of her major health problems she was excited to see us. I love Sorella Ferranti because she reminds me of how my dad dishes up people. Ask for a bit but in reality you get a whole lot. Haha. She's like a good mission mom with a giant heart for everyone. Miracle. We were doing finding and found a less active on the street from Peru. Apparently he's never been to the church in Italy and it's was such a huge blessing!

Tuesday was hard... we went to see one of our investigators and she let us in and asked to hear our message. So we started telling her about the plan of salvation. Then she started yelling saying that we weren't telling her anything new and that everything was the same. That is not true though. She said she read the Book of Mormon but I really don't think she did because we are the only church that claims that Christ visited the Americas and that is definitely new. But we bore our testimony and got out of there. It's just frustrating when they won't even let you speak and just yell at you. We grabbed a pizza and shook it off. I just really hope that she truly can find peace in her life because she says she's peaceful but from the things she said you can just tell she hasn't come to peace with the world or her life. She has a lot of things she needs to work out.

Finally, on Tuesday we went to Young Women's. We talked to them about why we are here on a mission, showed them pictures, and just talked to them. It was really fun and they are all great girls! I could've just talked to them for ages and I love the leaders. It was funny because they were talking about how loud Italians are and I was just thinking to myself "yeah, these are my people."

I found this quote this week and I can't even remember where I found it to be honest but it says: "Being sincerely Christlike is an even more important goal than being authentic."

I think I might make it my new life motto. It is definitely good enough. For me, I'm content with my personality and who I am as a person and it's important to be real. But it's always good to have the "real you" more loving, more understanding, more patient, and more Christlike.

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment