Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Call Me Galileo - haha just kidding

                                          I cut her hair and she she likes me I think....




Italian Phrase for the Week:

Meno male- it could be worse


Wednesday- We went to Livorno. It's a little port city about a 20 minute train ride from Pisa. It was really cute and it was so nice to see the ocean! Yesterday was a really good p-day. We ate gelato twice haha. It was definitely worth it.

Thursday- It was a day full of miracles. We were able to meet a super nice couple in the park. They were so kind and open to talking to us. I think they were the nicest couple on the street that I have ever met. We also met a lady named Zina. She had gone through so much in her life but instead of denying God she said "of course I believe in God. I wouldn’t be here if it weren't for Him".  We also went to the Marina Di Pisa for a lesson. So we got to see the ocean twice! Yay! It's not a beach it's just a bunch of white rocks. It's beautiful though. I love it!

Friday- We helped Simonetta in her garden and she made us another fabulous lunch. We cleaned the church with the Relief Society President and did some finding. We found a little old lady from Volterra. She was our miracle for the day. She stopped to listen to us but she was deaf and had to read our lips. It was just nice to stop and talk to her. Little things like this throughout the day help us to become more Christ like by getting to know the people around us and developing a love for them.

Saturday- Sorella Visconti made me lunch. She let me relax and so that was really nice. I love her so much and everything she does for me. Then we taught Ersi and Eni about charity. We went those the Dalipi family. This was a miracle because we hadn't been able to get ahold of them and then when we were at the bottom of the apartment we ran into the dad. We had a good object lesson and it was nice to finally meet them!

Sunday- Church was great as usual. I can tell I'm understanding more and more each week. Little by little haha. We had a baptism today for an 8 year old girl. It was so fun to be able to be there. Ersi and Eni really liked it. It was the first baptism they have seen. We were barely able to meet our goal that we set this week. Heavenly Father really does answer prayers and His timing is perfect.

Monday- We had Zone Conference so we went to Florence. It was so much fun to meet everyone and get mail! During the conference I learned a lot about what I can do for our investigators to help them. On the train ride home we talked to a guy in his late 20s. It was amazing. He said he liked that the fact that the Restoration happened in America. You never hear that from anyone so it shocked me! We had dinner at the Di Ruscio's. It was a really good lesson that really touched me. We watched "Will of God" and read the scripture Alma 26:27.

Tuesday- We taught Ersi and Eni. I love them so much. It was amazing to see them reading the scriptures and applying the principles we taught them. They make us laugh all the time. I'm really so grateful for the opportunity that I have to get to know them and watch them grow.

God's timing is perfect. It can be really hard to accept this and we may ask why we don't receive our righteous desires or have trials in our lives. What I like about Alma 26:27 is that they were about to turn back. Sometimes we are so close to the finish line but we don't know it because we can't comprehend everything that we can or are supposed to be. Thankfully God does. We need to trust Him in our trials and His timing. He will always know better than we do. Sent from my iPad

                                                            NUTELLA

                    We FINALLY got to wear jeans while we helped Simonetta in her garden.
                                                       Only in Italy haha
                                        Selfie with a pope. He smiled when he saw us.
                                                  Zone Meeting in Florence, Italy
                                                    Missionaries in my Zone
                                                       Marina Di Pisa

No comments:

Post a Comment