Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 25 May 2016

What a Time Paradox ...



Italian Word of the Week

Boh- Whatever, Oh Well

Thursday- We helped Simonetta in her garden but were interrupted by a storm that came in. It hailed so hard and they were huge! I've never seen it hail that bad. It was coming down so hard that leaves were torn off of trees and it was crazy. The ground was white from hail. Then 20 minutes later it was sunny. Haha glad I'm already used to the bipolar Utah weather. Then we were able to see a few of our other investigators. It was nice being able to get to know them!

Friday- We taught Ersi and Eni. They are such a good example to me. It amazing to watch their faith grow every single time we meet with them. We also saw the Gori family and they fed us pizza. It was way good! Just a regular Friday night haha. It's weird when we hear the apartments around us playing music because I forget that Friday is a day that people like to go out. I have no sense of weekend here haha.

Saturday- This was probably one of the best days I've had out here. It was hard to pick which miracle I wanted to write on my calendar at the end of the night. I was exhausted by the time we got home but those kind of days are usually the best ones. We met a woman who had talked to sister missionaries before. She has 3 kids but she stopped to talk to us while we were leaving Nonna's. I think she thought I was the sister that she talked to because I'm American but she was so sweet. Her kids were adorable and she wanted to see us again.

Sunday- I'm finally starting to understand more at church! We had a lesson with a new investigator that we have. Her name is Rosa and she's been to church with her friend twice. We owe her brownies because she's never had them and so we told her we would make some for her. She's from Romania and she's so sweet!

Monday- In the morning we did a lot of running around for my visa. Thankfully, everything went well and we got it all done. Now we just wait to get it. Then we met with the Martenucci family. They will be moving to Canada soon but they have a little girl who is 9. She's super cute and loves the sister missionaries. She made me a little tiny foam craft and gave me a big giant kiss on the cheek haha.(Italian culture) Then we made the trek to Milan by train for the new missionary training.

Tuesday- The new missionary training was amazing! I love trainings. You always feel spiritually uplifted and ready to tackle the next week or transfer. But the thing that perhaps made me happiest was seeing the sorellanza and the fact that I know they are alive haha. I missed them a lot and catching up with them was amazing! It was the usual laughs and smiles. I already can't wait until the next time I get to see them all. I don't know when it will be but hopefully not too long haha. I just love them. My face hurt from smiling with them all haha.

This week has been a little crazy. I think what I really liked from the training was a video they showed us. It talked about why we have pain when we repent, why missionary work isn't easy, and why we have trials in our life. It was never meant to be easy. Enduring to the end, repentance, and the path we must walk is hard because it was never easy for anyone. Even Jesus Christ, the literal Son of God, asked for the cup to be taken away from Him. It's not easy and it may be painful, but it's worth it. I know that even with the pain that anyone might have, if their path leads to Christ and follows His example, they will receive happiness that they never could've imagined.


                                                    Time to work in the garden

                                 Look at the beautiful Italian countryside





                             The river with the lights at night. I will send pics of it during the day.

                                            
                                       Hot Chocolate is seriously so much better here!!
Look at these two at a sidewalk cafe
                                                           The Sorellanza !!!


                               I have missed them so much !
                                                          Sorella Mackenzie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment