Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Thursday 9 June 2016

Opposition in All Things !!


Wednesday- We went to Viareggio and it has a beach! It was pouring rain so no one was there and so we enjoyed seeing the ocean from far away because we are not allowed to go one beaches haha. We then ate at a restaurant in Viareggio. It was rainy and cloudy all day. Not too much happened other than that!

Thursday- I know a joke and it goes like this: A French girl and an American girl were walking down the street. It was raining so hard and the street had huge puddles. One of the girls said to the other "What if a car came by and soaked us?" Shortly after, lo and behold a car passed by them and completely soaked them, a first for both of them. Then they kept walking because what else do you do? Hahaha oh wait, it isn't a joke. It happened haha. It was kind of funny and I was shocked.

Friday- We helped a family in our ward who has two teenage girls which their language homework. I felt bad because they were planning on having us stay for dinner but we had another appointment. So they sent food with us! It was so nice of them to do. Then we missed our train back to Pisa so they drove us the 30 minutes to Pisa. It was so nice for them to do that especially when they didn't need to.

Saturday- It was such a good day! We had lunch with a member (Gianna)and One of our investigators. Lunch was so delicious! And there was so much to eat! I was full for the rest of the day haha. Gianna made a fried Parmesan chicken. It reminded me of home because it was super similar to my mom’s Parmesan chicken, just a few little differences. Then we travelled to Monte Carlo to visit a less active. It was probably the best lesson Sorella Visconti and I have ever had. The Spirit was so strong. Sorella Parini, Sorella Visconti, and I were all choked up. There are those lessons that you just want to last forever because of the Spirit you feel. Sorella Parini is so kind and generous! She showed us here chickens, baby bunnies, and sent us home with fresh eggs. Have I mentioned I love the people here? I honestly wish I could give them the world because they deserve it.

Sunday- We had a multi stake broadcast that was broadcast to Western Europe. It was awesome to watch and hear from an Apostle. Then we went to see a couple families. It was a good and busy day. At the end of the day we realized we had accomplished a lot more this week that we had originally thought. That's always a great feeling and it made Sorella Visconti and I super excited!

Monday- We taught Ersi and Eni. They are great as usual and are so strong. Then we went to Marina Di Pisa to visit a less active but she wasn't there so we ended up having a lesson with her daughter. She's super nice and I like her a lot. There were two guys on the street while we were waiting for the bus. We decided to talk to them. One was French and so he was talking to Sorella Visconti. I was left to talk to the Italian all by myself. Surprisingly we were able to have a good conversation! I'm sure I made a few mistakes but he understood me and I understood him. It made me feel good and the gift of tongues is real, haha.

Tuesday- We had district meeting, correlation, and English class. It was a lot of meetings but despite all that we were able to see Sorella Carpita. After English class we had a little meet and greet type thing with some food for your spirit and you tummy. We met Sara who said that this was an answer to her prayer! It was awesome. I'm excited to hopefully see her again. Then one of the Elders bike was stolen we think. It was in front of the church. It's so weird because we were right there... I don't know but I feel way bad.

Wednesday- We went to Cinque Terre. They are 5 small villages along the cliffs of Italy and you can hike to each one. It was so beautiful and I absolutely loved it. It's been my favorite p day and it's so beautiful that I would say that I would be satisfied if this was all I saw. It made me think of all of you and I wish you all could have been there. The pictures just don't do it justice!

Ecco (Here). There's my week!

This week I read a talk called "Laborers in the Vineyard" by Elder Holland. It's an amazing talk that talks about one of the parables of Christ. It really helped me understand the parable and here's a little quote that I really loved from it: "I do not know who in this vast audience today may need to hear the message of forgiveness inherent in this parable, but however late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines." I know that Christ loves us all so much. Think of the thing you love most in your life and I promise you that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you more. He is the light and the way. His arms are stretched out to us.


                                                             Cinque Terre









When you really don't want your bike stolen !
                                              Here is basking!
                                             (Looks like our mermaid got her legs !!)

No comments:

Post a Comment