Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Thursday 2 June 2016

There is sunshine in my soul today... Even if it's not in the sky




Thursday- I was feeling not super good on Wednesday but I woke up with a cold this morning. It's pretty much June so I don't know how that happened. I didn't feel good but it was still a great day. We met new people on the train ride to visit Joy and Roberto in Ghivizzano. Ghivizzano is an hour and a half train ride from Pisa in the mountains. It's such a beautiful town! It amazes me. Probably my favorite town so far! I love Joy and Roberto! They're so funny! Joy picked Sorella Visconti up in a hug hahaha. We both laughed and we're just so shocked! Then we had a lesson with Ersi, Eni, and Adriano. I love life even though it can be difficult and exhausting.

Friday- We did service with Simonetta and had a relief society activity. The relief society was a clothing exchange and all the left over clothes were going to be donated to an association... Not exactly sure which association due to my lack of Italian but I know it's a good cause.

Saturday- We saw Sorella Carpita. She's so funny. She's a little old lady and was feeding the pigeons at her window. It was kind of disgusting but they made her laugh. I was scared they were going to come into the house. Haha.

Sunday- I did my first talk in church. It was on faith. Once I got up and started speaking I wasn't nervous anymore so I was relieved. Then it was a day of miracles. We met an atheist and he was so open and kind to us. He accepted a Book of Mormon. Then we had a lesson with Rosa. Last lesson with her we gave her a Book of Mormon, which was a week ago, and she's already read 150 pages! Then when we were doing finding we were able to find a family who let us in to teach. They were such a beautiful family!

Monday- We had district meeting. It was a really good. Our district leader got transferred so it was our last time with him. All of our appointments cancelled on us so we did a lot of finding and pass-bys before we went to the Di Ruscio's. Just a usual day in the mission!

Tuesday- We saw Sorella Carpita again and visit taught Sorella Formica. We met a couple people on the street and one of them we had talked to before. He was pretty excited to see us again. He said he always sees us pass by and so he got our number in case anyone he knows is interested in the gospel. It's been a great week! It's not always easy, but it's always worth it. Especially with having a cold (I don't even know how that happens in the summer), it's tough.

I've learned to rely on the Lord. No one has ever been able to do it without the Lord. We all have weaknesses, but through the Lord, weak things can become strong. I love you all! Have an awesome week! 




                                                   Lungarno - The main river and street in Pisa.




                                           Ghivizzano -  My favorite little town in the mountains!






                                         Don't mind my scandalous knees








                                                    2nd Leaning tower of Pisa.





We sat down at a nice restaurant and ate for P day today. It was so delicious and nice to get out of the rain.



                                                  I wish I was calm when speaking Italian

No comments:

Post a Comment