Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Friday 16 December 2016

Baby, it's cold outside !





Okay... let's see if I can remember things.



There might not be anything too big to report on this week. I think our main struggle is getting people to see us. Sometimes we have set appointments with people and then they cancel, or forget, or any other number of things. It happens.  There are times where you have a million things you want/need to do but can't do any of them!



Anyways, great things did happen this week though.



Adriana was baptized!! She was adorable and it was a beautiful service. I gave my spill on baptism and everything went smoothly. Her family and relatives came and it was a good experience for everyone I think. Also, a huge shout out to the pianist that came to play the piano for us at the last second. Like people always say, little things make the difference. After the baptism, Maria (her mom) had us and her family over for dinner. My face hurt from smiling. The family is Peruvian and we ate some Peruvian food. It was absolutely amazing! Haha Anziani Yee even decided to try some of the hot pepper. Then after all of us tried little pieces of it and made him look like a baby for saying it was hot haha. The grandma finally had to stop us because Anziano Engen wanted to try a bigger piece. We were all so proud of Adriana and her choice to follow Christ.



Sunday was the primary program in church and I loved it. It was so cute and they all did so well! Adriana was in the program so it was a good day for her mom to come to church to see her confirmed and be in the program! Then after church we went to have dinner at the Sorgiacomo's. Really just with Andrea (our ward mission leader) and his mom with the Anziani as a farewell to Anziano Yee because he's going home. It was a fun dinner and again there was lots of laughing. They showed of videos of the Christmas party in past years and so it made me really excited for this Christmas party coming up.



We met Sandra. She was an investigator a while ago and she let us come see her. She really liked our visit and we showed her the Christmas Video. She has overcome a lot of difficult things in her life but just got good news on her health. So things are looking up!



We did another family night with la famiglia Rosa. Wow. I am always just so impressed with Sorella Rosa. She has 3 rowdy boys and is just full of patience in teaching them good manners around the dinner table! She also has a huge desire to do missionary work. I just think she's a good example for everyone. Her husband isn't a member but supports her in everything that she does. They really are just a really good family. I wish that you could see them. Giacomo (the five year old) would just melt your heart if you heard him speaking, especially because it's in Italian. I think it's adorable to hear little kids speak Italian.



Tuesday we did transfer predictions because it was Anziano Yee's last district meeting. It was a pretty normal day.



So the reason I'm writing on Thursday is because we had a mission tour yesterday! Elder Johnson of the Seventy came to talk to us. It was awesome! The Spirit was so strong and I felt like I really received some answers that I had been looking for. We got to see lots of missionaries from all over the mission. So I got to see Sorella Rosano, Fife, and some other of my peeps. It was a really great day!



One thing that I really liked about the mission tour conference was what Elder Johnson talked about. He talked about Paul and his missionary experience. Paul had received revelation in a dream to go to a city to help a person but in the end he didn't find that person, wrought a different miracle, and in the end was rejected. I think this is so relatable in a sense. Sometimes we, well at least for me, feel good about something, feel promptings, and feel like it's what we should do but then when we follow through with our "gut", it doesn't turn out like we thought. Everything doesn't fall perfectly into place. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that we didn't receive that guidance. It doesn't mean that we misunderstood that inspiration. Sometimes, even though we may be inspired to act or do something, does not guarantee that everything will fall into place.



Well I love you all and I'm hoping you guys are spreading this Christmas cheer and "singing loud for all to hear".




No comments:

Post a Comment