Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Something, Something


Exciting things happened this week!! We went to San Remo for a scambio to help the Sorelle there out. We did some finding and it was really great! A quick description about San Remo: a beautiful beach city near the border of France, a perfect tourist place because it is not known among anyone except Europeans. It was so beautiful. We could see the beach from the apartment of the Sorelle and did some finding near the beach. We were able to talk to some awesome people. Probably my favorite was the old man named Santo. Meeting him went like this: "Bet you have never met a saint before! Watch out you are about to see a miracle!" Great guy. We were able to exchange numbers and so that was really good. Also, in San Remo we were able to do our morning exercise by the beach with the sun rising casually in the background. Tends to make you happier to wake up.



We met Sorella Suffardi this week. She has been in the hospital for a long time and she was so happy to see us! She has been so lonely in the hospital and the hospital is kind of far away so it was nice that we were able to go see her. She even invited her physical therapist to come to church so we were able to call him and invite him.



On Saturday we had our lunch appointment with Aydee and Fanny like usual. That day we were seriously so exhausted. So how this appointment goes down is that Fanny makes us lunch and we eat with her and share a little message with her before she has to run to work. Then we do dishes while we wait for Aydee to get home so we can teach her.



We ate dinner with the Costa family on Sunday and they made my favorite Peruvian dish! Then we saw Martha and were able to visit with her a bit before we met with Blessing who was such a blessing for us. She is from Nigeria but has been living here in Italy for 10 years. She was baptized when she was 12 but has been less active and she started searching for a church. She went online and ordered a Book of Mormon and that's how we found her! She so cute and fun. It was one of those experiences that within 5 minutes of being with her she just really has your entire heart. There's something special and different about her.



We had another scambio with the Sorelle from Savona so I was able to meet Sorella Deem and she is so cute! We had some fun doing some finding together. We met Massi by our apartment and he seemed pretty interested. It was awesome being able to explain to him exactly why a Restoration, not a reformation, of the church of Christ was needed. I'm praying that we are able to meet him again. Then we also met with a 19 year old girl named Francesca. She is seriously in love with America. She is so cute and so I really hope that we are able to continue to meet with her!



Did I forget to mention that Stake Conference was this week and so I was able to see all my peeps from Muggiò?? It was so fun to be able to see them all! I felt like it was home. I really miss them all. But hey I will see them around since they are close.



This week I have been thinking a lot about the questions I have for General Conference so I can prepare myself to receive answers. But I also have been reading conference talks. I came across this quote while studying and I really liked it:



Love demands action if it is to be continuing. Love is a process. Love is not a declaration. Love is not an announcement. Love is not a passing fancy. Love is not an expediency. Love is not a convenience. “If ye love me, keep my commandments” and “If ye love me feed my sheep” are God-given proclamations that should remind us we can often best show our love through the processes of feeding and keeping.



A lot of people are always amazed at the love that missionaries have for the people they serve. To be honest, it's to be expected. If you truly serve someone with a Willing heart, it is almost impossible for Your love not to grow for them. This goes for anything from humanitarian trips to mowing your neighbor’s lawn. It doesn't all come at once but when it does, it completely fills you. It makes you happier than any gelato ever could.



I love you all! Have an amazing week!





Sorella Causse!


San Remo - Italian Riviera 






Exercise by the beach - Makes you happy to wake up!


You can see the Mediterranean from the Sorelle's apartment


The San Remo District.


No comments:

Post a Comment