Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 1 March 2017

The Title of This Week



Thursday we had our scambio. We did it with Sorella Rosano and Carly. I did my scambio with Sorella Rosano. It was so good to be with her again. She has such amazing questions. Always. I know it's so hard for her to be so close to home right now but she just makes the best out of it. It was honestly so nice to be with her again. I felt like a young missionary again and it was so nice. I just have so much fun talking to her.



On Friday the Pisa sorelle came into Milan for the visa renewal and Sorella Williams had to go with them. We were able to talk all about Pisa and I was able to send my love for the Pisa members there.



On Saturday we had our usual lessons with Fanny and Aydee and the Guastella family. We were planning the last little things before Rachele's baptism. We got to see the Scotto family.



On Sunday we went to go visit Yoselin... or Jocelyn is how you say it. We got to see her and read the Book of Mormon for a bit. It was cool because it was the first time she realized that Christ went to visit the Americas too. But then we went to a members house Rachele and she showed us how to make las paspusas. They were so so good! Hey Jimmy… I ate literally 6.... I guess I can’t give you anymore crap. It was really fun to talk with them. Also a couple friends came over who were not members so we got to talk to them a little bit more about who we are and what we do as missionaries. Oh yeah and MARILENA came to church! It was so good! Everyone was so welcoming to her and it was a great experience for her. She really liked it. I think she was a bit surprised about how the ward is a big family and how involved everyone is. It was a bit overwhelming for her at first but she really liked coming she told us.



On Monday we got to see the Verduga family and they are just good people who have a lot of trials. We had a good lesson with them. It was just the parents and Dafne the 20 year old daughter. But after that we went to see Fernando and Eglyda. They made us the best carbonara ever. And in return we made them French toast. Eglyda is seriously crazy about maple syrup. I really think she could drink it. But we had a good lesson with them about the spirit world. It was really comforting to Eglyda to know that we still live on after this life, that we are awake, and that we are with our loved ones. Her dad died when she was really young so it was something that was really special to hear that because the whole time when she was growing up she was told other things. I loved that lesson with them.



Zone Conference was on Tuesday and it was really good. Sorella Williams and I had to give a training and it was a success. We added a game into it and people got really into it. It was fun. Then other than that we learned a lot about faith and how faith is a power. But it's not just faith that gives us power. It's faith in Jesus Christ. He is the one that gives us power to overcome weaknesses, to be healed, to return to our Heavenly Father. This week I found this quote I really liked from a talk called Life Is Eternal.



No other single influence has had so great an impact on this earth as the life of Jesus the Christ. We cannot conceive of our lives without his teachings. Without him we would be lost in a mirage of beliefs and worships, born in fear and darkness where the sensual and materialistic hold sway. We are far short of the goal he set for us, but we must never lose sight of it; nor must we forget that our great climb toward the light, toward perfection, would not be possible except for his teachings, his life, his death, and his resurrection.



I am so grateful for the special time I have here to serve a mission. I'm grateful for everything that Christ has done for me. It's amazing to see not only the impact He has had in my life and how He has given me the opportunity to change but also see how He has been able to help the people we meet with and these members here.



I love you all! Have a great week!


The duomo is actually in our proselyting area and I love it more at night 
because we can see the stain glass windows from the outside.



The Pisa Sorelle






These are real bones from a cemetery that the church was built on in the 1270s


There was a model with lots of photographers outside of the Prada fashion show. 
It was crazy as we were walking by. P.S. I have no idea who this even is.


The Cooking Crew


The Milano East Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment