Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sunday 16 July 2017

Sweet and Short is What I Always Say


Honestly, it has been kind of a crazy week. And a bit slow due some treatments that we have to do but anyways... 

We were able to meet with some members this week which was nice because it has been awhile. It was really fun and good to catch up. We saw the Castros and I love them so much! Dinner at their house is always filled with laughter, papusas, and our favorite pineapple and coconut juice. They're an awesome family. 

We had scambio which was great. It was cut short because they needed to be back in their area that evening but it was worth it. We were able to see Nicol again. She is a sweet heart. She just finished school and so she is able to have more time to see us now. We saw Tina of course. I love Tina! She makes the best Philippino food. 

We taught Gaia the gospel this week. She recognizes the spirit and it's really cool to her how she has learned things through her own personal experiences. She left to the beach yesterday so I probably won't see her until she comes to America. Saying goodbye to her was a heart wrencher. It was like saying good bye to one of my best friends. But I'm happy that she finished her tests and can finally relax. It is much needed! 

Other than that not a whole lot happened this week. I'm just feeling very blessed to be a missionary. Especially here in Cimiano. I love these people so much and there's not a better place in the world. Being a missionary is the best thing ever and you experience so much love for people that you never knew you could have. I love being able to help them come closer to God. I'm convinced it is the best and most important thing you could do in the world and it is worth more than anyone could ever give. 

A quote that I really like is "the world today needs the power of pure testimony. It needs the gospel of Jesus Christ, and if the world is to hear that gospel, there must be messengers to teach it." I like how it says pure testimony. Pure testimony is simple. Testimonies don't have to be long and extravagant. I hope that I can be one to bear pure testimony here in Italy. I would like to share my simple but pure testimony with you all. 

I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. There is no way we can return to Heavenly Father without His gospel. I know that Christ restored his church through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His church here on the earth and it is guided by a modern prophet of God. I know because I have prayed about it and with every fiber of my being I know that these things are true. If we have a true desire to know we can pray and Heavenly Father will answer us. As a servant of the Lord, I leave these things with you all in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

I love you all and I hope that you all have a good week!

Italian fun fact: during the summer all the Italians disappear to the beach. It is not uncommon for them to leave and flock to the best beach cities for 1 or 2 months depending on what their work allows. 



Scambio with Sorella Spader


Saying goodbye to Gian Luca and Rachele Guastella


Saying goodbye to Gaia because she is leaving for the summer




No comments:

Post a Comment