Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Last one.. maybe?


Okay quick run down of the week. We went to Bologna for a scambio, saw a member in the hospital, volunteered at a nursing home, saw Two different Sandras, and did some finding.

But seeing as this could be my last letter home because I may not have time next week to write or the will because I will just see you guys a few days later I just wanted to talk to you guys a little bit less about what I did and a bit more about what I'm feeling.

With the mission coming to a close it's been a roller coaster of emotions and I'm stoked out of my mind to see you guys. I can't believe that the time has passed so fast. I'm so grateful for this time I've had to serve and the memories I've made, lessons I've learned, and people I've met and served will always be worth more than all the gelato, pizza, and Italian shoes in the world.

There were lots of great times on the mission, there were hard times that now looking back are good because of what came out of them, and there was everything in between.

I read this quote the other day that I really liked that made me think about my mission.

"Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make a part of yourself. And when the virtue of charity becomes implanted in your heart, you are never the same again." -Elder Marvin J Ashton

Charity is the pure love of Christ. I'm no where close to having the amount of charity that the Savior has for us but I feel so blessed that He has allowed me to taste of how amazing it is. It truly does just fill your soul and helps you know that at the end of the day everything will be okay because God loves you and everyone around you. We can't acquire this trait until we have felt it. But I hope that everyone can just take a minute to think about how much God loves every single one of us here on this earth. Even ourselves, as imperfect as we might be and all the weaknesses that we may see in ourselves. See ourselves with the potential that God sees in us. Try to feel of that love and through that love, there begins to be a light at the end of the tunnel that we didn't think could possibly be there. The more we search for His love, for Jesus Christ, more light comes into our lives.
  
Now I'm changed and I can never be the same again. Nor, do I want to be the same again. I've felt too much love for other people and the love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for me. I'm so grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to serve and for all of you who have supported me through it.

I will see you soon and be giving you all a big giant hug!! I love you all!


Piadina family night!
 Casual day in Bologna for scambio
P day in San Marino with all the sorelle in the zone






No comments:

Post a Comment