Highlights of the week:
1. We had interviews with President! They went well! I love interview time!
2. We had a mostra! It was so cool! We set up a gazebo at the market and we handed out so many English class flyers! We had a lot of support from members and so that was awesome. There was a cute 7 year old girl named Emma and she loved handing out flyers with us. I told her she was an awesome missionary and her response was looking up at me, gently brushing my arm, "you are too!" It melted my heart. She's adorable! We also handed out 5 Books of Mormons!
3. We had a multi-Ward/branch activity in Rimini that we went to. It was a summer activity so there were lots of water games with a barbecue at the end. It was so much fun. I think Sorella Hernandez and I got the most wet trying to fill up all the water balloons in the church bathroom. I had water shoot up at my face and up my nose and she dropped one in the bathroom. We couldn't stop laughing. It was so funny. The balloons were later launched to us from the church balcony it was our job to catch them in a towel. We had different obstacle courses and a slip n slide. There was a super fun game where you have a partner that you sit across from and you are both blind folded. Then you have to feed you partner pudding. It was a super fun day and there was a pretty good turnout. Overall a success!
4. We learned how to make arancini with Marcella! She was so nice to teach us! I'm excited to hopefully start teaching her more about what we believe because she says she's been looking for her faith but hasn't found it yet. I know how much the gospel in her life would bless her!
5. We met with Favour and we taught him the Restoration. He is our new investigator and I love teaching him. He has a lot of faith and just looks to follow Christ. He's from Nigeria but has been living in Italy for over 10 years. He asks a lot of questions so that helps us a lot to know how to help him!
6. Sunday was really good because we were fasting and it was amazing to see how the Lord was guiding us in our work. We prayed to be guided to know where to go and while we were doing finding we ran into a less active young woman who stopped us. We also were able to meet a man who wanted a Book of Mormon. Kenny, a man we had invited to church, stopped us to say sorry he hadn't come to church but he is willing to meet with us this next week with his wife. And not only that, but an investigator that the sorelle used to meet with a long time ago came to church!
7. We have joined the branch choir and so we sing with them at practice every week and we sang a song in sacrament meeting last Sunday. It was beautiful. The branch is trying to incorporate more music into the meetings to invite the Spirit.
It's been a really great week! It's not always easy but seeing the Lord behind us in the work gives me the strength and confidence I need to keep pushing. I know that He is with us with all that we do. Prayer is such a huge part of being able to access His help. I know that if we had not prayed we would not have been in a position to receive an answer where exactly we should go which led us to where we needed to meet the people who were placed in our path. In 3 Nephi 18:18 the Lord commands us that we should always pray.
“What does the Master mean when He warns us to ‘pray always’?
“I am not wise enough to know all of His purposes in giving us a covenant to always remember Him and in His warning us to pray always lest we be overcome. But I know one. It is because He knows perfectly the powerful forces that influence us and also what it means to be human. …
“… He knows what it is like to have the cares of life press in upon us. … And He knows how our human powers to cope are not constant. …
“… As the forces around us increase in intensity, whatever spiritual strength was once sufficient will not be enough. And whatever growth in spiritual strength we once thought was possible, greater growth will be made available to us. Both the need for spiritual strength and the opportunity to acquire it will increase at rates which we underestimate at our peril. …
“Start with remembering Him. You will remember what you know and what you love. …
“The Lord hears the prayers of your heart. The feelings of your heart, of love for our Heavenly Father and for His Beloved Son, can be so constant that your prayers will ascend always”
I know that prayer offers us guidance. It offers us strength. It offers us comfort. It offers us the answers that we need in this life. It's the telephone line between us and our Heavenly Father. We have a continual and daily need of the blessings of prayer.
I love you all and hope you have a good week!
View from our balcony. I could sit on our balcony all night!
Marcella and the Arancini