Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Thursday 24 March 2016

March 18, 2016 - First Letter

Hey guys! I'm alive! Today isn't my P-day but I can write to family to let them know I am okay.
So here is a summary of the past few days:
 
Wednesday- It's true that they only speak to you in your mission language haha. It's kind of funny because you only understand half of what was being said. We had little workshops and Milan missionaries whose visas got delayed were here to greet us. It was rare that any missionaries were here to greet us. BUT cool thing is that the next batch of Italian missionaries comes before we leave. 
 
Thursday- I woke up with my companion and the other girls in my room and we went to yoga. (Yeah, I know I  hate yoga.) They have classes every morning at 6am for sisters. But my comp likes it and plus it was our only opportunity to exercise that day. I'm not going to lie I laughed a little when I couldn't touch my toes but it wasn't completely awful. haha. Then we just had class that day, met with the branch presidency, and studied. We study and really are in class all day!! But I loved meeting with the branch presidency and getting to know everyone in my branch better.
 
Friday- Today! We actually taught our first "investigator" today... in Italian. It was a bit of a struggle and sometimes it was frustrating that I didn't know the word I wanted to say but we got through it and regardless we felt the spirit. We also had exercise time today which I used to play volleyball and run a mile. Oh yeah. This morning we went to kickboxing. It included a lot of squats haha. I don't mind though. I need them haha. 
 
Okay so my companion is Sorella Mckenzie and she is as my district calls her a ray of sunshine. So my favorite joke is that I'm going to get a tan. Really, she's the best! She's a hoot, always happy and smiling and just willing to do anything. She is allegic to pretty much everything including fructose, onions, lactose, and garlic. So that's going to be rough in Italy. My district has 7 sisters in it. We like to call ourselves the Sorrellanza, which means sisterhood. We are all going to Milan. Then there is one other district in our branch and they are all going to Rome. In that district there are 4 elders and 4 sisters. They all rock. I'm exhausted by the end of the day. By 8, it gets hard to keep my eyes open. By 10:30, I'm so exhausted that I have absolutely no problem with falling asleep. A few funny things you guys will enjoy. At 10:15 it's quiet time and they have an intercom that says it's quiet time. It just kind of cracks me up a bit because it sounds so robotic. 
 
Here is what I love about the MTC so far. I have learned so much about loving people. We have had a few workshops on loving people and it's just so amazing. Even with my pretend investigator I just felt so much love for her! The feeling is unreal. Today one of my teachers showed us this scripture D&C 138:56. It talks about how we were prepared for this calling before we came to earth. It gives me so much peace to know that. Even at times when I am frustrated with myself because I just want to be fluent already, I have been prepared for this. I can do it! 
 
Some of my favorite phrases are upla which means oops and farelo which means just do it.
I am learning so much! I l love you all so much and you are all in my prayers! 
 
My P-days will be on Thursday so that's when you can expect to hear from me again! 
 
My official address is:
Sister Rebekah Kay Anderson
APR27  ITA-MIL
2005 N 900 E Unit 112
Provo UT 84602

Io voglio bene! 
Sorella Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment