Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Thursday 24 March 2016

March 24, 2016

My camera broke so I don't have many pictures (I will probably just get another small camera at the MTC store)  and I don't know if the other Sorelle will remember to send my them but at least I have the picture of my district.

Saturday- We were so giggly this night in class. It was a Saturday night and we had class but it was a lot of fun! I had so much fun with my district just laughing and getting to know them better! We were coming up with funny phrases such as "fantisco storia fra" (cool story bro) and "ci ciao" (buh-bye). It was just a great day in general!

Sunday- It was amazing! It was pretty busy but I loved it. We had the temple dedication which was just in the Auditorium. It was awesome to witness. A cool thought: we did the Hosanna shout on Palm Sunday with over 1,000 missionaries. We went on a temple walk and I cannot tell you how amazing it was to get outside the MTC! We never really see the mountains because they are hidden by the buildings, our classroom in the basement, and construction is outside our window haha. Relief society was so amazing! It was taught by a sister who left to Milan on Monday! I'm in the choir, which is a huge shock for anyone who has heard my loud and awful singing voice haha. But it's tradition for the Italianos. Plus, I'm not going to be the companion who holds the other one back. 

Monday- I played volleyball during exercise time. It's a lot of fun. Definitely not competitive. We don't keep score but it's fun to play it with people who are going to Thailand and people from my zone. This was a day full of funny and crazy stories from everyone. I wish I had time to write them all to you but I guess you guys will just have to wait 18 months to read my journal haha. This night we went around as a district and shared our favorite scripture and why we liked it. I loved doing that! These sisters are seriously amazing! I am so grateful to have 5 more weeks with them! Oh funny thing: I saw an Elder walk straight into a pole. It was so hard to not just bust up laughing! He ran smack dab into it. We made sure he was ok but I was holding back some serious laughter.

Tuesday- 10 of us missionaries had to travel to Salt Lake to the consulate for our visas. For all of you in Utah you know that the rain turned into snow. We had to wake up super early. And since it was nice weather none of us had serious coats but we all had rain jackets besides the Elders. They were probably even colder than we were. Then we got a little lost and had to walk through puddles and snow to find the lady we were supposed to meet. We were COMPLETELY soaked haha. Then afterwards, we stopped at the Judge Cafe. We got brunch since our packed lunches got ruined by the snow. It's half off for missionaries there. It was delicious! We had the devotional that night and it was very good! Also choir practice!

Wednesday- The major thing for this day was that our lesson with our "investigator" went so well! I knew that Heavenly Father was really helping me with the language and to teach by the Spirit because it was what I had been praying for. Questions that I had thought to ask before came into my mind and I wasn't worried about that language. I didn't feel like the language barrier affected our lesson at all. So I am super grateful.

I have so many good and spiritual thoughts this week. It was hard adjusting to the sleep schedule and sometimes you are just so tired. But it's good because then bed time is your favorite time and you fall right to sleep. I have received answers to my prayers. I encourage everyone to look up the video "Mountains to Climb" by Eyring. It's a mormon message about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am out here to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. I am confident that I am where I need to be right now. I love you you all! Thank you for the Dear Elder letters and anything else you may have sent me:) 

Until next week,
Sorella Anderson



                                                      This is my zone!
This is my district! The Sorellanza! This is who I am in class with everyday! The four on the left (including me) is who is in my dorm! From Left to right it goes: Sorella Mckenzie, Anderson (me haha), Perkins, McCormick, Smedley, Lo Russo, Fife.

No comments:

Post a Comment