Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Thursday 31 March 2016

March 31, 2016

Last Thursday-
 
I got to go to the temple which was awesome! I went with my district and it was so nice to be together because we always have fun. It was a nice experience where everyone felt peace. It was our first real P day and we loved it! We still had class that night but that's okay! Our teachers are awesome and always make it fun! Especially when they share experiences from their missions in Milan.
 
Friday- This day I was feeling a little stressed out. I missed everyone and I was frustrated with the language. Surprise, you don't become fluent in 2 weeks. Haha. I wish I could just sleep on my Italian dictionary and learn everything through osmosis. Then, one of my teachers gave a wonderful lesson centered on Christ. It was so amazing that after, no one in my district wanted to leave the classroom because the Spirit was so strong and we didn't want to lose that. 
Saturday- Sorella Mckenzie was feeling kind of sick so we stayed in during exercise time so she could rest and I did some exercises in the dorm. Not much really happened on Saturday.
Sunday- This day was completely amazing! Elder Ballard came to speak to us and it was so awesome. The thing I love about Easter in the MTC is that it was completely Christ centered. I wish I had time to tell you guys everything but looks like you'll just have to read my journal when I get home:)
 
Monday- So this was a very funny day! We got 2 new "investigators". It's just funny to see how you can make mistakes in lessons. No one is perfect especially when you've only been speaking the language for 2 weeks so you just have to laugh at yourself. Really hard haha. We got an amazing story from one of our teachers that confirmed my faith that there are people out there waiting for me. My teacher taught a lady whose son was inactive and had moved. But he would always ask "Mom, have the mormons called for me yet?". It is really just so important that we reach out to everyone we meet. We don't know what trials they may be going through and they may just need a friend or someone to talk to. I know that the Lord has prepared people who will need me to help them bring them unto Christ. 
 
Tuesday- We did service this morning so the morning was all rushed. Funny story, if you ever had me rap chat you (little snap chats of funny stupid raps) I was telling my district about it. I was playing basketball with Sorella Lo Russo and Perkins saying a little rap chat, granny shot the ball and it made it in the hoop. That made my day haha:) In the choir we sand "Praise to the Man". Something that struck me hard while singing this is "sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven". As we sacrifice things and make Christ our priority the blessings of heaven will be unleashed for us. Through sacrifice we are able to come closer to Christ and our understanding of what Christ sacrificed for us is deepened. 
 
Wednesday- We taught TRC which is where we teach real members that speak Italian. This was so amazing! I wanted to express all my feelings because I loved these people so much. It gave me a renewed desire to learn the language so that they may know of the love Heavenly Father has for them. We hosted new missionaries that day too. It was so fun showing them where their room and classroom is! I loved it! But I am so glad I brought a duffel bag as my carry on because it is so hard to juggle 3 suitcases!

Here are so Italian phrases for the week:
"in la bucco di lupo" It is translated in the mouth of a wolf but means good luck.
"sirena" means mermaid
My district says "oh balena" all the time which means oh whale!

I love you all so much! Miss you too!:)
Until Next week,
Sorella Anderson
 
 
                                          Love This !!
                                          Sorellanza at the Temple
                                           Bekah's District at the Temple
                                            Bekah with Sorella Smedley
                                            Happy Easter !!
                                            Such cute Bunnies
                                            So much fun!

                                            Lots of laughter ! Love it!!
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment