Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Thursday 14 April 2016

April 14, 2016


Wanna know something crazy?? Only one more P-day in the MTC. We should be getting our flight plans this weekend. So then I can tell you guys next week what they are.
 
 Thursday- It was an amazing P-day at the temple. We were able to do Italian names that our teacher had given us to do. Class that night we talked a lot about what kind of missionary you want to be and how to get over plateaus when you feel like you hit them. It's nice because everyone has different talents in the mission field and everyone is called to do a specific thing. Some missionaries may be good at organizing branches, others baptism, or maybe you're needed to help with training. You really never know, but God knows. 
 
Friday- There was a final beam ceremony for the final beam they are putting on the new MTC building that is under construction. All the missionaries, workers, and employees got to sign it. It was kind of cool. It was just nice to be outside. Haha, while we were outside there were elders making a woodchip house. They spent a full hour on it. It was pretty impressive. I wish I could've taken a picture haha. Spring is so beautiful here. There are so may flowers, lilacs, and tree blossoms. It always smells amazing when you walk outside! It's one of my favorite things.
 
Saturday- Not a whole lot happened. We were able to have personal study outside which was really nice and I read the Bible Dictionary definition on prayer. It's really amazing and I encourage everyone to read it:)
 
Sunday- It was fast Sunday! My district did really good with our "frabbia" (hanger). It's a word our district made up. Fame mean hunger and rabbia means hanger. It was really a great Sunday and the testimony meeting was amazing! 
 
Monday- We got to have Chick-fil-a chicken sandwiches for dinner. That was really amazing! It was a big hit in the MTC. Something kind of funny and random: I needed to iron a skirt so I plugged in the iron went into my room to get something, come back out it's being used. So I get ready go out plug it in and while it's warming up go brush out my hair. By the time I get back it's being used again. Ah! I try one more time and as I'm going to the iron I see a girl headed the same way... Luckily her room was just right by the iron and I didn't have to wait again!
 
Tuesday- We taught TRC to a native Italian through Skype. It went well but we couldn't really tell how she was feeling because we could only see half her face and then we got cut off early because the internet connection was bad. Man, our teachers are way too nice to us and I really need to work on my Italian. I'm just grateful I don't have to learn an Asian language because that would be hard.
 
Wednesday- We didn't host but my district was chosen to be demo missionaries for the new missionaries' workshop they had. It was a lot of fun! We basically just showed them how to do introductions and get to know investigators. It was fun to see how excited they are and how eager they are to bear witness of Christ. (It was weird to do this in English.I accidentally introduced myself as Sorella Anderson.)
 
My little thought that I have is from D&C 121:8-10. We all have trials and really struggle sometimes. But we are not as Job from the Bible. We have amazing people around us to bear us up and help us. Most importantly we have Christ and Heavenly Father. With love and support from all these people around us, we can draw the strength we need to get us through whatever our struggles might be. I'm grateful for my district and how we all help each other:)
 
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!
 
Sorella Anderson
 
 
                We have to wear a cardigan on Sundays as a rule from our branch president...
                 I try to be obedient. It still drives me crazy sometimes
                                  This is how we feel when we get to be outside on the grass.
                                                        (Yeah I love Utah grass !!)


                                 They gave us a microphone for the demos. Big mistake.


                                                   I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment