Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Thursday 7 April 2016

April 7, 2016

Perdonare- to forgive but Pedinare- to stalk haha You have to be super careful about that one letter difference in lessons haha! Funny story: Sorella Smedley had been trying to say "Jesus suffered for our sins". Suffered is sofferto but she had been saying soffrito. This means deep friend. She had been saying for like a week before she found out hahaha! 

Thursday- Another great day at the temple and P-day is our favorite day! Our teacher is a convert who served in Milan. She told us what she loves about the gospel is that even when you have the best days, there are an infinite number of days that are going to be better.:)

Friday- It was April Fool's day and we couldn't help but pull a few small pranks on the Romans. It was funny. They didn't mind and had a good laugh! The days are pretty much the same everyday. We continue to teach investigators in Italian. Even though they aren't real investigators, it's amazing how the Spirit can help us teach to the needs of the investigators.

Saturday- It was finally such a beautiful day! It was also General Conference which was amazing! we were able to sit outside on the grass for a little bit in between sessions. It was amazing. I felt like I was going to get sunburnt on my face because I'm not used to the sun! haha. Sometimes in life we have questions that we want to be answered. We can only expect the Lord to answer them if we ask and do what we can to search for an answer. 

Sunday- A great day of General Conference! We went on a little walk around the MTC campus and it was just so alive! Everyone is loving the nice weather. Elder Holland's talk was amazing! I encourage anyone who hasn't heard it or read it to read it. It was probably my favorite talk that I heard on 
Sunday. That night we watched Legacy. It's a movie about the Pioneers and it has a little love story in it. "Love is funny now"- Sorella Mckenzie. All the missionaries couldn't help but laugh at the little flirtations that were shown in the movie haha. 

Monday- That afternoon we went on a walk and played I spy in Italian with our teacher. Her name is Sorella Donakey and I love it because she thinks of inventive ways to teach. We played a conjugating game too which is fun! My competitive side came out so I got really excited about the game haha. Sorella Mckenzie and I had an amazing companion study this night, It was funny because at the end we were falling over our desks and chairs giving each other a hug. She's so sweet! 

Tuesday- Sorella Smedley did my hair for me which was great. They devotional was by Ardern of the Seventy. He was really good! He's from New Zealand and he talked about the 10 lessons he learned on his mission. One of the things I really liked is that he said "pay the price". Put in the effort it takes to be the best missionary you can be. Do whatever you can to develop that one thing you're working on. Side note: there was a BAT flying around the auditorium!!! It was funny and kind of creepy! Everyone was watching it haha. Even the speaker pointed it out. It finally landed on a wall just above this one older brother. I don't think he knew it was above him because he didn't move. 

Wednesday- We hosted new missionaries again but there weren't that many. We went to class and did the usual stuff. We taught members in Italian again. That was fun! It's so awesome to meet new people and just learn about them. It's amazing the Spirit that you feel when you teach and really apply it to them. 

I know I share lots of funny things but I know my purpose of why I'm out serving a mission. My mission is to invite and help people to come unto Christ. As I have been learning, my faith in Him has increased. I know that because of Him we always have someone to turn to. I know because of Him we can be healed. Because of Him we can live again. Because of Him we can have hope. Think of something you can do or work on that will help you strengthen your faith in Him. It will bless you and you may receive answers that you didn't think you needed in the first place.

I love you all! 
Sorella Anderson

                                          Man was Samuel H. Smith a looker.
                                          We just can't stop fan girling over him.


                                    We love it when Sorella Smedley does our hair for us!

                                April Fools Day - Prank on the Romans as she calls the
                                missionaries going to Rome.
                                     We changed the purpose to an Asian language.
                                         Put 33 on their wall because that's the page
                                         that says no flirting in the White handbook
                                We tease the other district about it because they have
                                Elders in their district

No comments:

Post a Comment