Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Another Day, Another Destiny!



Non avere peli Sulla lingua. This phrase directly means "to not have hair on the tongue" but we use as "to be brutally honest".

I haven't done funny Italian phrases in awhile so I thought I would share this one with you! 

Thank you for whoever prayed for cooler weather haha. It's cooled down a lot this week so now it's actually bearable! 

Good news! One of my second cousins on my Dad's side has been called to Milan! He will get here in December! I'm so excited for him! 

We are off to a good start of the transfer.Saturday we were finally able to see Cosetta again and fix a new baptism date. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she truly has a sincere desire to gain a testimony for herself.  We were on the train talking to these two girls when I saw someone behind me take a picture of us. At least that's what it looked like. I honestly wouldn't be surprised haha. I also don't think it would be the first time. I feel like sometimes people take pictures of us because they think we are nuns or to send a snapchat of us haha. I've never had physical proof of this but I have my suspicions. It turned out that this woman actually stopped us to talk to her. She had friends in the church as was always impressed with their example and spirit that they had. She wasn't from Pisa but it was a nice little miracle!

Sunday we had church and it was amazing as always. I always receive new insights to my questions but by the next hour I always forget. I need to start writing them down haha. Church is always so busy talking to members, trying to fix appointments, and helping everyone to feel welcome. I love it though and I love the members here. Then we saw the Dalipi family. It was good to see them and I hope we can see them again soon! Then we saw Flora! She leaves to go back to China on Wednesday until the end of September! I don't know if I will be able to see her again and it makes me sad because she's great. I love her! She's always so friendly and nice. She's willingly to listen and try the things we say. 

Have you guys ever had a bee stuck in your lamp? Well, it was a first for me too. I don't even know why. The bee flew in a window from another room straight into the lamp! I didn't have my contacts in so it was a struggle trying to capture in a jar but Sorella Rosano and I got it done thankfully with no bee stings haha. It was a major victory for us! 

Monday, we had district meeting and it was good as always! I'm always learning new things to implement in my teaching and just be a better disciple of Christ. We saw Ersi and Eni. In the evening we did some finding. We met two girls and showed them a video called "Because of Him". One of the girls teared up and I'm excited to hopefully see them again!

Tuesday was bitter sweet. I said goodbye to Flora. She’s leaving to China for the summer and doesn't get back until September 20th, which will be in the next transfer. So I don't know if I will see her again but I really hope so! Then we visited a family from the ward, the Caponi's. Sorella Caponi has two little girls, one is 8 and the other is 5 months. They're adorable! In the car, Giada (the 8 year old) was telling all about her boyfriend but how they aren't together right now because it's summer haha. So cute! I also just melted over the baby! I just wanted to hold her because she was so cute and happy! 

I found this quote and really loved it so I thought I would share it with you this week!

“The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future”- Elder Holland

Through Jesus Christ, we can all have a brilliantly bright future! I'm so grateful that with faith we can always look forward and have the strength to always move forward.

I love you all!



Sorella Rosano, Flora and Sorella Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment