Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Thursday 7 July 2016

July is one hottie !



I'm really starting to enjoy my cold showers in the morning and the night but also wondering why ice isn't a thing in Europe... Especially when there's no air conditioning. 

Thursday- We had a lot of people bidone (cancel or not show up). But we did finding and had dinner with the Goris. We watched part of the movie "Meet the Mormons" and talked about the importance of priorities in life. 

Friday- We made chocolate tiramisu with Ersi and Eni. It was a lot of fun and it was so delicious! I can't wait to make it for you all. Then we did some more finding and tried to pass by people's house. You know you're in Italy when the sky is bright blue and something wet drops on your head and you just pray that it's not poop. Lucky for you most of the time it's just most likely just gross water from a balcony haha. Also, Sorella Visconti got a bug in her eye. Glad to know I'm not the only one that happens to! Being a missionary... It's very glamorous as you can tell haha;) 

Saturday- We met Armando by the train station in Lucca. He had a lot of good questions and was interested in hearing more. We did some more finding. We prayed with these three older ladies and we ran into one of them later that day and she said thank you for praying with her because she needed it. It's not often that we are thanked for what we do and so I'm grateful for her. Then we ended the night by teaching Flora the Word of Wisdom.

Sunday- We had church, a lesson with Rosa, and a baptism! The Anziani have been teaching Stefano and he was baptized. He was so happy and it was amazing to feel the Spirit so strongly! 

Monday- We met the new mission president and his wife! They are so awesome and I love them already. They are from Kimberly, Idaho. They are both super active. They like to fish, run, rock climb, go boating, and all that fun stuff. During the meeting they just kept making us laugh. Throughout the entire thing though I kept learning so much. They give great life advice and advice for the mission. I can honestly say they are an answer to my prayer. Their testimonies are so strong and I'm super excited to keep learning more from them.

Today we went to Volterra. Like from twilight. Except twilight wasn't filmed there. It's in the middle of Tuscany and it's so beautiful. It's a really old city on top of a hill and I really loved it. They have outlooks where you can just see rolling hills that go on forever! It's a perfect little Italian city. I love it!

So I think I'm going to start changing the outline of my emails. I'm boring myself with them and I think you all get the point of missionary work anyways. I want to instead share with you funny stories, big things that happen through the week, and how this mission is changing me. Hopefully then you won't be so bored reading it and you will actually be able to take something from my letters whether it be a good laugh or a happy thought.

During the meeting with my mission president, we talked about being a disciple of Christ. We talked about how many people have died for Christ's sake, including Joseph and Hyrum Smith. At this time, we are not asked to die for him but rather to LIVE for him. It made me wonder how I am living up to my calling and truly living for Christ. How can I do better? It also made me realize that this time I have on this mission is precious. Yes, I miss my family and friends like crazy. Yes, I really miss my daily scoops of peanut butter, naps, and other things. This time is meant to be enjoyed. It's going to be over before I know it. Then all that I will have left are the memories, things I have learned, and the work I have left behind. Our lives on this earth are missions and that when we truly live for Christ we can find happiness. It's not the materialistic kind of happiness, but the happiness that will last throughout eternity.

I love and miss you all!





4th of July Pillowcases arrived on the 4th of July.




Bekah learning to cook the Italian way!





New Mission President








Volterra, Italy



















 





















No comments:

Post a Comment