Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 13 July 2016

I heard it was week 17....?


This week was pretty good! One time this week while we were riding our bikes Sorella Visconti lost her shoe in the street. Haha. There weren't any cars just some observers who were laughing as she went to go grab her shoe again. I was laughing pretty hard too! 

Something weird and random is that they have mint Popsicles here. In a box of Popsicles, the green is always mint. It's not gross but it's just different.

On Saturday, we got our call for transfers. We were actually at Nonna's when we got it. President Allen called and I was too nervous to answer so I threw the phone on the couch so Sorella Visconti would have to. I'm glad she puts up with me haha. When the president calls it's usually because you're getting a new assignment like training, Sister Training Leader, or something like that. Sorella Visconti is going to Bologna to be an STL and I will receive a new companion in Pisa. Her name is Sorella Rosano and she's Italian. I'm super excited and I just hope she has the patience to put up with me. Also, to help me with the Italian. I'm excited that she will be Italian because it going to help me so much! 

Then this week we finally met Adelissia. Her daughter's family just moved in with her from Brazil. They are such a beautiful family. I loved meeting them. Kenni (Adelissia's daughter) was so sweet. She made us coffee and I felt so bad to tell her no. But we ate other snacks instead. Their faith is really strong and I can't wait to see them again. They made us feel so welcome and Kenni is amazing. She has a very strong belief in Jesus Christ. 

Mandy is another one of our investigators. She's an artist and so innovative. I love it. She's super sensitive to the Spirit and she's searching for the truth. We met her through English class and only this week have we been able to really teach her. 

"Remember, no one can reach upward on your behalf. Only your faith and prayers will cause you to lift yourself and have the mighty change of heart. Only your resolve to be obedient can change your life. Because of the Savior’s atoning sacrifice for you, the power is in you. You have your agency, you have strong testimonies if you are obedient, and you can follow the Spirit that guides you." 

Sometimes we just expect change. In reality change only happens through action. We need to help lift ourselves to the person we need to be and have that determination for ourselves. 

I love you all!






My favorite is the elder is the back with the ball in his shirt. Lol.





Adelissia and Kenni





Twinner Winners




No comments:

Post a Comment