Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Friday 14 October 2016

First Week of Going Green



Hey hey hey!

So now I'm in Muggió (even though my apartment is technically in Monza). And I have my new companion! She's so cute! But before that, I guess I will tell all that happened Thursday.

So we were staying in another sisters' apartment because it's closer to Milan where we would pick up our new companions and there was another sister who is training that was going to come with us to Milan. So on Thursday morning we heading out with all my bags and a couple extras from another sister. The train got there and we were trying as fast as we could to get all the luggage on. Sorella Stevens was on the train as I was handing her my bags and it was the same with the other companionship when suddenly the doors on the train shut...... So me and Sorella McCormick just waved goodbye to them because there was nothing else we could do... Crazy. Haha. Anyways, we made it to the church where we were picking up our greenies and Sorella Stevens wasn't there. I just wanted to curl up in a corner and die! Luckily she came in a bit later! So all was well! Also a lot of people from the Sorellanza are training so I got to see them and some other sisters I know so that was great!

Then they did the match ups. And I was so nervous. But finally it was my turn and I have Sorella Nielsen! She's from Denmark and she's taken English since 3rd grade so she speaks English. She's so great and I just love her. She's a trooper. Actually getting to our apartment the first day was a mess but she stuck in there with me. We kept missing our train and so we were lugging all our luggage around the metro, from platform to platform, just trying to catch a train! And going on to the platforms and the metro are tricky because there are no elevators! Luckily people were nice. I was definitely sore the next day haha. It was kind of crazy because at one point she forgot her carry on bag by the ticket machines and so we had to go back to find it. I was just praying it wasn't stolen but nope it wasn't. Instead, the police had pulled everything out of it and they were looking through it. I'm sure you can imagine my frantic face as I said it was ours haha. They saw all our huge bags and laughed. They understood how easy it was to forget a small bag with everything else that we had. Glad to see they're doing their job though!

The apartment..... Haha well Elders definitely lived in it. It could've been worse but we are in the process of cleaning and organizing it. Haha there were a ton of suit coats and others things that elders had left here. So we made the Anziani take them.

The ward here is absolutely amazing! We had lots of warm hugs and smiling faces ready to welcome the sisters! I'm super excited to get to know them better. Then we were able to meet a new convert Franny. She's 23 and she's awesome. I love her already. She just graduated in history and she's currently working as a nanny. We've met some awesome people during finding and just getting to know these people! It's been a really awesome week. I was definitely really stressed at times trying to figure out all the buses, trains, and metro. Slowly but surely we are getting there!

"In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings. Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny." I found this in a talk! Even though I was a bit sad to leave Modena after such a short time, I'm loving my new area!

I love you all!



Sorella Nielsen from Denmark


This park is the biggest gated park of Europe.
It's like the Central Park of Milan lol.



What's Italy without a little Gelato?









No comments:

Post a Comment