Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 5 October 2016

I'm going to be a Momma !! (aka Training)



Well we finally got our new bikes! We bought them used and so hopefully they won't get stolen again. Plus, our chains that we bought cost just about as much as my bike haha. I think I would be more mad that they broke the chain if it happened again. (Knock on wood.

Well I'm trying to think about what happened this week but I think pretty everything gets trumped by the big transfer news. I definitely thought that Sorella Stevens and I were staying together. We had reopened the city together, work is still getting rolling, and we hadn't really considered the possibility that we wouldn't be together next transfer. So we made it Saturday morning and we thought we were safe. But we got a call from president and we will both be training! Except I'm going to be going to Muggio and reopening it for the Sorelle. This is going to be fun. Since the news of finding out that I'm going to be a momma (aka training) I've had just about every emotion you could think of. I'm so excited to train and go to Muggio. I'm a little nervous to be both training and reopening but I think it will all be alright! So I'm excited for that. My time in Modena was short but I sure did love it!

Muggió (pronounced moo-joe) is right by Milano. I would say it's a little suburb of Milano. So Milano will be in my area and I'm pretty exciting about that! They haven't had Sorelle in that city for a year so let's hope the Anziani cleaned the apartment haha.

General conference this week was absolutely amazing. I was overwhelmed with the gratitude to have living prophets today and to receive answers to my prayers. I can't say what my favorite talk was because I still haven't seen all of General conference but I will let you all know!

Then we had miracle Monday. Holy cow. I've never seen so many miracles. We were walking into a library to download something when a couple of guys stopped us to talk to us about the church. That never happens and when it does you're usually a bit skeptical whether they are stopping you because they want to hear the gospel or because you're two Americans in skirts. But nope they were interested and so that was a miracle. Then we ran into Paola at the library and were able to have a lesson with her. Then after we met a young mom who has a lot of religious questions. She's been investigating a different church and her questions were so good. She's searching for the truth and you don't meet people like that every day. Sad I won't be here to see her again but I hope she's able to continue meeting with the missionaries. Then we had a couple of prayer lessons with people in the park. It was just an amazing day. It's one of those days where you just feel like you made a difference. So we celebrated by finally trying a pizzeria that we've been drooling over the past 6 weeks.

On Tuesday we said goodbye to Connie and we were able to meet her daughter Enriquetta. They are just adorable and I love them so much. Connie always calls us her babies and she has the biggest heart. I was happy I got to see her one last time. Because she's been sick with the changing weather.

My thought this week is about finding joy. There was a general conference talk on it and I loved it. It was one of my favorites. Finding joy is so much more than just being happy. People on the mission always talk about finding joy in the work. To find the joy you have to look towards Christ. You have to look towards the effects your work has. Even if you can't see the effects, what effect you hope your work will have. The possibility to help others makes it all worth it.

I love you all!

Have a great week!




Sisters from the District
 

Connie 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment