Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 26 October 2016

So so sorry


Well this week I did so well at typing a few sentences every day so I would have a nice little recap for everyone. While I was on the bus I was highlighting it all getting ready to copy it from notes into my mail, when I don't even know what happened, my obviously fat finger pressed the little backspace button that sent my soul into despair. All that I had written was completely gone. After a little pep talk to myself I decided, that it perhaps may not be the end of the world.

So I recap for this week. Well, I did missionary work. I found some people, I talked to some people, I ate at a member’s house. By the way this member just had a baby and got home from her mission 3 years ago. She served at Temple Square and I absolutely adore her little family. We were spiritually fed at stake conference. And we saw Juana and Claudio. 

Oh yeah now I remember! The meal we ate with Claudio and Juana was completely seafood. Seafood risotto, raw salmon, and octopus. Yep I ate it all. And I didn't gag. The octopus wasn't exactly good but it wasn't gross either. I didn't mind it. I just tried not to chew it too much because it's chewy. Boom. I was pretty proud of myself afterwards and thought to myself "my family is never going believe this".

So I can't recount the whole week and I'm running out of time so I will leave you with a spiritual thought.

"I have reflected many times on this father’s request: “Help thou mine unbelief.” I wonder if the intent of the man’s pleading was not primarily to help him believe in Jesus as our Redeemer and in His healing power. He already may have acknowledged Christ as the Son of God. But perhaps he needed help to believe the Master’s healing power indeed could be so individual and so personalized as to bless his own beloved son. He may have believed in Christ generally but not believed Christ specifically and personally. We often testify of what we know to be true, but perhaps the more relevant question for each of us is whether we believe what we know."

This quote is from this past general conference and I love it. Often times we think that everyone deserves forgiveness, second chances, and the healing power of the Atonement, yet we deny these same things to ourselves. It's always easier to think the Atonement applies to someone else rather than ourselves. However, each of us can find freedom as we accept what Christ has done for each of us and the Atonement. Yes, even for ourselves.

Well I love you all and I hope you had a good week. I'm sorry I can't remember more of my week but I have the memory of a goldfish these days!





Inside of the Duomo from last week!
It was absolutely beautiful with all the arches and stained glass windows!
So many details!



She's a Rhino!


No comments:

Post a Comment