Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 24 August 2016

A Whole New World !


Well I don't even know where to begin! It's been a crazy week! 

Wednesday was mainly just getting ready to leave because we had a train at 5 to go to Verona where we would stay the night and then in the morning Sorella Stevens and I would part ways with our companions. Luckily, there were more than plenty nice people to help me with my luggage as we changed trains 3 times to get to Verona haha. Poor Sorella Rosano had to help me lug them around everywhere. 

We arrived in Verona ready to sleep and get ready for the journey tomorrow. However, the lock was jammed and we couldn't get into the apartment. We were outside of the apartment for two and a half hours! The Anziani had tried and everything. President was about to have us sleep in the Anziani's apartment and then they would go sleep in the Zone Leaders apartment but thankfully the Zone Leaders tried to open it and it worked! So it all worked out we were just dead the next morning.

We got to Modena and the Anziani of Modena were there to help us with our bags and show us where our apartment is. The apartment is a mansion compared to the apartment in Pisa haha. I think it's meant for 4 missionaries but we have two bathrooms! It's really nice. Plus, our landlord is super nice and he does a lot to help us out. He helped us with our bikes when my brakes didn't work, when we didn't know where the grocery store was, etc. I still have to get a new bike but he fixed it up for me so I could at least use it for this week. 

We have been doing lots and lots of finding. First, because it the end of August so people are just starting to come back home. Second, because we don't know anyone. Haha. We are just finally starting to set up appointments and get to know people. It's definitely interesting getting to know a city on your own. We are starting to get the hang of it though and we have a map app on our iPad so that helps a ton!

The ward here is super nice and they are so excited to have Sorelle again. I don't remember all of their names but I just know they're awesome. I'm excited to get to know them. Modena is a cute little city that reminds me of the east coast a lot. There's a ton of trees and parks. It's more spread out than Pisa and it's really growing on me. It's going to be so pretty when all the leaves start changing colors.

We have a new investigator. Her name is Irene and she's from Nigeria. She's amazing. She opened up to us about her story even though she doesn't like to talk about it a lot. She is so willing to be guided by God and isn't concerned with the materialistic things in life. She told us her gift from God is singing so I hope we get to hear her sing sometime! 

I met the new district and they're great. We had a district lunch. The Reggio-Emilia Anziani made the pasta and it was pretty good! We tried to make zucchini cake but I guess we are still trying to figure out our oven because it didn't cook right and we ended up having to throw away the whole pan! It's been an adventure this week and I've never felt more like Russel from Up with our gps (aka iPad).

"Correct knowledge of and faith in the Lord empower us to hush our fears because Jesus Christ is the only source of enduring peace. He declared, 'Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me' (D&C 19:23)"

There's so many things to be afraid of in this world today. There's the small everyday things and there's the fear of this world or the bigger decisions in life. I'm grateful that we can always look to Christ and find peace through the big and little fears in life if we follow Him and continually persevere to the end.

I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment