Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Piccolo Ripasso




Thursday was quite the day! We visited the Maganza family. They're a great family and they are going to get sealed in the temple in about a week! I'm so excited for them. Haha. They're also so giving. We told them that we had another appointment so we couldn't eat lunch with them but they didn't care. They made lunch anyways and sent it with us! We met with Cosetta. This day though was really a bad train day. So I guess we were just tired or something. But after the lesson with Cosetta we got on a train. We started to go when I realized we were going the wrong way! Then you just think oh well, what can you do? We just laughed about it and got off on the next stop. It took us at least an extra hour to get home but we eventually made it.

Friday was a fun day. We had to go to Lucca for an appointment. We couldn't miss our train because there wouldn't be another one for awhile. So we headed out and it was sprinkling a little bit, but it wasn't too bad. Then, while we were riding the bikes to the train station, it started pouring!! When we finally got to the train station I was wringing out my skirt and dumping water out of my shoes! Hahaha. It was kind of fun though not going to lie. We took a small little bus to the appointment and then had to walk awhile. On the small little bus (it was more like a big van), the bus driver was super nice, talking to the nun and the old man on the bus. They must have been regulars. It's just little things like this that make me love Italy haha. They small bus/van driving over a bumpy cobblestone road with an old man, two missionaries, and a nun. That's life here in Italy.

Saturday we were able to see Nonna. She really opened up to us about some of her trials. I just love her to pieces and she's so strong. Whenever I see her, it's impossible not to be happy. She loves to joke and smile even though she has a lot of hard things in her life. Then after we did some finding. The usual! We have some great potential! But my bike got a flat tire so we had to walk it home. Nothing to cry about though!

Sunday was good! Just the usual church and finding! Testimony meeting was really good! Ersi and Eni fasted but weren't able to make it to church because they had to help their parents move. 

Monday we had district meeting and it was really good. We did transfer predictions because we will get the news on Saturday. So for predictions we use the Old Testament and we randomly flip through and stop on a scripture. It usually makes for some good fun and builds the anticipation for the call haha. We were able to see Silvianne and we had a good lesson and talk with her. Then we saw Diana and her kids. Ah! They're so great! Roberto the 5 year old hugged my legs and I just about died because it was so cute!

Tuesday we had to walk all the way across the city to find a bike shop to fix my bike. A lot of shops are closed here for a couple weeks for holiday. They just close. It makes me laugh because that would never happen in America. Then we got to English just to find out that the Elders had a patch for the bike that we could've used! Oh well... What can ya do?

So we have a bakery super close the apartment so sometimes on our way home from our run in the morning we stop in and get some bread and it's still warm! It's so good! Tuesday morning we went and I didn't bring enough. I was short .10. I just thought to myself "you've got to be kidding, dangers!". But the lady was so nice! She told me it was practically the same and gave me the bread! I love people.

“When people are described as ‘having lost their desire for sin,’ it is they, and they only, who deliberately decided to lose those wrong desires by being willing to ‘give away all [their] sins’ in order to know God.”

"Therefore, what we insistently desire, over time, is what we will eventually become and what we will receive in eternity.”

I really like this quote because in this life we are always asked to give up something. It's like the story in the bible about the rich young man who asked what he needed to give up in order to have eternal life. Sometimes we are asked to give up something or change something in our lives in order to become closer to God. It can be hard but the promise that we will become closer to God and the result of letting go of the thing that's holding us back will be worth it. We need to think about what we desire for eternity rather than just what we desire right now at this moment.

I love you all and miss you un sacco!


Talk about Talent - Wow !


We were Soaked !



Peanut Butter just makes my world go round !


No comments:

Post a Comment