Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Just Another Day in Paradise




Thursday was a good day. We met Sara. She's a 70'year old lady and our newest investigator. She knew Mormons a long time ago I think. Honestly, I don't know how we found her. She just kind of came to us through the ward mission leader. I think she was friends with one of our investigators or something. But it was nice to meet her and I'm excited for when we get to see her again next week. I can tell she's been through a lot in her life that has led her to believe there isn't a God, which makes me really sad but also happy because I know I can help her to have faith again.

Friday we went to Firenze! We did a scambio (exchange) there and I did my scambio with Sorella Smith who trained Sorella Smedley! She also was "born" in Pisa! "Born" means that she was trained in Pisa. It was so nice to hear how Sorella Smedley is doing! Also, I had a delivery from Sorella Visconti which included a letter from her with a jar of peanut butter.... What can I say? The girl knows me. The scambio was a lot of fun and we ate gelato twice with our appointment we had, but who can complain about that. We got a little lost here and there but we made it to the appointments and they went really well! The miracle was that night we ran into the Anziani of Firenze and they have a car! They gave us a ride home and we were super grateful because there weren't any more trains and we had no idea how we were going to get home haha. By the end of the night my cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing so much.

Saturday we finished the scambio in Firenze and headed home. We had a lesson with Ersi and Eni. They are ready to get baptized so we asked them to pray for a date and to also ask their parents. Their parents have said no but we told them to keep praying for a date because the Lord will always provide a way. Then we met with Nadia who is a less active. Oh my goodness, I love this lady so much. She's just so nice and sweet. She served a mission and she has a testimony. I know that with time she will come back to church. I always feel the Spirit so strong with her. The Lord needs her and her testimony.

Sunday was pretty good. We got assigned to sing at Zone Conference.... Yay. For anyone who knows me, they know I can only hit notes dogs can hear so I usually save my singing when I'm safely in my car or someone needs a good laugh. But through Christ we can do all things, right? True. But Heavenly Father blesses us when we are obedient. We practiced the song and everything. Tuesday came and they didn't have time or forgot. Just another example of an answered prayer. Haha.

Monday was really good. We set a baptismal date for Ersi and Eni but we still have to get their parents to agree. With having a date in mind and a goal to work towards, I know that the Lord will prepare a way. It also helps Ersi and Eni to have something to work for and gives them hope! We had dinner with the Di Ruscio's. They're amazing as ever! I'm so impressed with Francesca Di Ruscio. She's 17 going into her last year of school and she's serving in the young women's presidency, goes visiting teaching with women in the ward, and wants to serve a mission. I know she's going to be one heck of a missionary!

The Zone Conference was so good. I always learn so much and it helps me to focus on the little things I can work on. It's always fun to see the missionaries too. I got to see Sorella Fife from the Sorellanza and so we were super excited about that. They fed us pizza for lunch. Haha it was pretty funny because there were boxes of pizzas and they just told everyone "okay take one".

Here's a scripture from the Book of Mormon that I love. "And it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul." Jacob 2:8

It's true. The word of God truly can heal. When we learn about Christ and our Heavenly Father we can start to begin to understand their ways. Through the word of God we can find forgiveness, love, and how we can each become better disciples of Christ. Read your scriptures y'all!

I love you all!




Sorella Smith and I. She trained Sorella Smedley !!


They told us to take one and go at Zone Conference Haha


I saw Sorella Fife from the Sorellanza !!


Sorella Distante goes home in a couple of weeks!



Bekah and Cam received their Bear Lake T-Shirts signed by everyone 
at the Bear Lake Family Reunion. They LOVE them!!




No comments:

Post a Comment