Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Last Week in Pisa



So who knew the Olympics were going on?? I sure didn't until we had a dinner appointment with the Gori's and Nicola (the dad) told me! Haha you could say I'm oblivious to some things. But he likes to watch the sand volleyball and so we talked about how Italy and US played each other.

Thursday we visited Ersi and Eni in their new apartment because they moved. We actually ended up talking with their mom and grandma which was really good. We talked about how they believe in Jesus. It was a good conversation because it really helped us to start building a relationship with the mom and to get to know her better!

We had a funeral of the mom of a member in our ward. Her mother wasn't a member so it was my first Catholic funeral. It was really different. It wasn't very personal. I've never actually been to a Catholic mass before so it was cool to see their different traditions and learn more about their religion. I will admit it was hard to understand a lot of it though because they used a booming microphone and in the old Catholic Church it echoes. There was a lot of support from the ward so that was nice to see.

My tire was flat again so the Anziani came over to patch it up for me. Now my bike is all fixed up! Hopefully it won't have any more problems for a while because it's a pain. We are so much more time effective with the bikes though.

We met with a new investigator from Nigeria who is a die hard baptist. We tried our best to explain that we don't worship Joseph Smith. I honestly don't know if she understood what I was trying to point out but she agreed to meet us again anyways. While we were teaching this lesson we missed a call from President Allen with TRANSFER NEWS!

So I will be leaving Pisa sadly. I will be going to Modena. It's a city in the middle of the mission and it's close to Bologna. I will be whitewashing (there won't be an overlapping companion who has served in the area before) and re-opening the city for Sorelle. Modena hasn't had sorelle, well at least for 6 months or something like that. My new companion will be Sorella Stevens from the Sorellazna! I'm so excited! Sorella Rosano will stay in Pisa and train. She will be a great trainer.

We Had quite a few lessons with members this week. We ate with Gianna and we ate salmon and tuna! You would all be proud to know that it wasn't that bad and I wasn't dying inside. But that's Gianna for you. She's an amazing cook! We said goodbye to a lot of people. I love the members here so much. They have taught me so much and it's such a great ward. Pisa will always have my heart.

We had a lesson with Diana. Her kids saw us down the street waiting for the bishop to come and they ran towards and gave us a hug. I seriously just melted inside! It made my week! We taught her the Restoration with the bishop. It was a really good lesson. We could truly feel the Spirit. It sounded a little bit strange to her at first but she agreed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We were able to all kneel in prayer together. Little moments like this make everything worth it.

I know that people come into our lives for a reason. (I can't tell you how many times we have run into the same person more than once.) There are no chances. Heavenly Father knows who we need in our lives to help us grow and learn. I'm so grateful for the people of Pisa and everything they have done for me. Heavenly Father is always trying to help us along our way back to Him.

This week I want you all to try something to help to see the small ways He helps you every day. Write a way you saw the hand of the Lord in your day every day. It doesn't have to be something big it can be something as small as a big hug from little Roberto. I know that if you do it you will be able to notice all the small things that contribute to happiness. You will be able to feel the love of God in your life. Then if you really want to you can write me and tell me how it went!

Vi voglio bene! (I Love You)



Some of Pisa's Finest

Nonna


Sorella Di Ruscio


Gianna



Fratello Ventura aka Ward Mission Leader


Ersi and Eni. Gonna miss them! 
(Don't mind their Grandma in the background haha)


The district plus the Livorno Sorelle


I absolutely love Pisa at night !


Last run to the Leaning Tower in the morning


No comments:

Post a Comment