Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Monday 24 April 2017

Diarrheas Since Easters!



Happy Easter! I hope you all had an amazing Easter because I know that we did! The night before was probably the funniest of all. We went through straight panic as we realized that it was 8 o'clock so all of the bakeries and pastry shops were closed. We were seriously running down the street, with our little trolley, dying to find something open. Well, thank goodness we found something because all we had talked about was having fresh bread and pastries for Easter. Other than that, for Easter we didn't have a meal appointment but that was totally fine by us because neither did the anziani. So, we made a district feast after lunch and exchanged little Easter gifts. There was so much food. We all had our own little plate to bring to share. Well, someone made deviled eggs... and a lot of them. One poor, unfortunate elder by his own free will consumed 12 deviled eggs. Needless to say that when we all went to the Castle Park to do finding he beelined it to the port a potty and was there for a good chunk of time. He's "had diarrheas since easters". 😂 we finished off the day with handing out pictures of Christ around the Duomo and Castle. It was so much fun! I think I was a little bit too happy. My face literally hurt from smiling. Not a bad thing.

The Monday after Easter is what we call Pasquetta. Aka. 2nd Easter. No one has to work and it is a holiday too! So for that day we went and played soccer with some people from the ward. Sorella Williams and I killed it. I don't think anyone will be asking us to "ma voi giocate calcio???" (You guys play soccer??). We killed it. Also we were finally able to meet the entire Kone family and they are so funny. We met the sister of Gaia and her brother too. I was so happy to see Gaia after she had gotten back from her cruise... a total of 3 days. Still too long. She thought of us and brought us back little bracelets.

We went to an old folks home with Aydee after we ate with them. I'm getting concerned because every time we eat with them, I eat faster and faster. Maybe it's a coping method for getting it all down haha. The old folks home was really nice! It was a bumpin place for the classic Italian generation. We randomly met a South American worker there that was a member but had moved to Italy and forgotten about the church.

The Guastella family gave us chocolate eggs from Easter. These eggs are so cool. It's an Italian tradition. They are giant hollow chocolate eggs that you have to break open to get a surprise toy. Rachele has been coming to soccer too and she makes it so much fun. I love that girl. Gian Luca had his 14th birthday on Sunday and that same day he was able to receive the priesthood. I know it was such a good experience for that family. 

Life in Cimiano is going really good. We had our Zone Conference and it went really well. It was fun to see some of my old companions. Sorella Rosano, Sorella Nielsen, and Sorella Orr. It was good to talk about different ideas that we can add to our missionary work. It was also cool because President Allen said he would like us ideally to do 4 or 5 hours of community service a week. But to close off every zone conference missionaries who are going home at the end of the transfer bear their testimonies. Sorella Rosano bore hers and she will still be living in Milano but her testimony really touched my heart. I can't believe she's going home. She is such an amazing missionary and I know she always will be.

Yesterday we did Zone Conference round 2 for the Genova and Torino zones because we had to do a role play about how to invite members to use social media. Man, it was a tough crowd. Sorella Williams and I did a chest bump and we got a couple of chuckles. But it went well anyways and we made the role play pretty fun. Of course the car ride home with the Allens and the assistants was so entertaining. 

We used our Pday to the fullest seeing "The Last Supper" by Leonardo Da Vinci today. It's actually so much bigger than I thought it was!

Oh and I forgot probably my miracle of the week. So I'm not kidding when I was SO HAPPY all day Sunday and Monday. Well, I think I drained myself because on Tuesday I was so mellow and just drained in every sense of the word. When in FHE, my jaw dropped to the ground. The elders walked in with Alex from Muggiò English class behind them. I'm pretty sure my jaw unhinged and he was equally surprised. Well then I was so happy to see him again and to catch up with him. The elders will be helping him out to find some answers.

I've been reading all the conference talks and I think I’ve decided my favorite. It's called "Overcoming the World" by Elder Andersen. Here's the link to full talk:


It's so good. You all should go read it. But in short I will share with you my favorite part. "Overcoming the world is not a global invasion but a private, personal battle, requiring hand-to-hand combat with our own internal foes.

Overcoming the world means treasuring the greatest commandment: “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.”

The Christian writer C. S. Lewis described it this way: “Christ says ‘Give me All. I don’t want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want You.’”

Heavenly Father only wants us. He wants our hearts and he wants us to overcome our internal foes. I know that He is on our side if we will choose to battle our natural selves, with Him, we can win. Little by little. One battle at a time.

I love you all so much! Hope you have had an amazing week!

"The Last Supper" by Leonardo Da Vinci


 

We had Easter lunch and exchanged our little Easter gifts. 


Giant chocolate eggs that have a surprise inside.
It's Italian tradition. 



There was a gnashing of teeth. 


 When we went to have a picnic with Fernando, Eglayda and of course Grace!




 This is the Castle Sforzesco Park. The water is only that gross 
looking because it's hundreds of years old;)




No comments:

Post a Comment