Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 26 April 2017

What a Beachy Day

Just another great week! It's been a little short though. So I think I will just write down the highlights for you. It's easier that way.

  1. Today we had a zone Pday and played beach volleyball. It was so much fun and my team killed it! It was a great time with all the missionaries right before transfers since some are going home and we do not know where everyone else could go.
  2. We played soccer on Saturday and then had a picnic with Gaia. Good thing she likes peanut butter just as much as we do because we made her first peanut butter and banana sandwich! It was a super good opportunity to talk. We talked so much that Sorella Williams and I came away looking like lobsters. We got pretty sunburnt. It was funny because for the rest of the day we couldn't look at one another without laughing.
  3.  We ate with the Gomez family this week. It was the first time we had been over there and, man, I love them! There are two teenage girls and they are awesome examples for everyone around them. One was even asked by her teacher to stand up in her class and give a presentation about our religion. She did it, even though everyone has their remarks. The mom also worked in neonatology and so it was cool to talk to her about that.
  4.   We went to see the Scotto family again this week while I was on scambio. You have to love those surprise dinner appointments. I ate rabbit for the first time and it was way good! The kids were a lot more open and actually recognized our presence so that was awesome. Emanuel, who is 5, was even calling for us from the bathroom haha. Thankfully the mom responded and said we couldn't come.
Okay those are the things that come right off the top of my head. It's been such a great week. I seriously have been loving the mission and the progression we have been able to see with the work here.

So I've been thinking a lot about what I could possibly share with you all from my studies this week. Of course, there are endless stories and experiences that I have loved and I wish I could share them all with you. This week I've been thinking about what our prophet has asked us to do last conference: he has asked us to read the Book of Mormon every day. EVERY day. Even if it is just a verse. But that got me to thinking about why the Book of Mormon and why not just scriptures in general. The Bible is the word of God too, isn't it? Well, it comes down to that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion. I have met a lot of people who say that our church is a lot like the other churches. In one sense, that is true. We believe in Christ and lots of other things in common. But the Book of Mormon is one things that makes us different. If we have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is the word of God as well, then we can be sure that Joseph Smith was indeed called as a prophet of God.

But what I really wanted to do is point out the promises we have if we do as the Lord has asked (D&C 1:38) and read it every day.

“My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen”. (Pres. Thomas S. Monson - April 2017 General Conference)

Okay, well there ya have it folks. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It has the power to answer questions and to strengthen faith in Christ. I know that I had found my answers to my prayers in this book and if I didn't know if it was true I wouldn't be serving a mission for a year and a half. But I know that it is THAT important and that is why I have chosen to do this. The blessings we will receive are just too important to skip out on. I can't name one of those four promised blessings that I would be willing to give up.

I love you all and I hope you have a good week!
 

Zone  Pday - Beach Volleyball



No comments:

Post a Comment