Sister Rebekah Anderson

Sister Rebekah Anderson

Wednesday 12 April 2017

Prepasqua


On Wednesday we went and relaxed in the park with the Muggiò Sorelle. It was super nice but that was why I didn't have a lot of time to write an email. It didn't help that there was a strike for the metro. But it all worked out so I guess it's okay.

On Thursday we were able to finally contact a referral we had gotten. She wasn't very interested but she's a super nice lady. But we met King on the way there. He heard us speaking English and stopped to talk to us. He's been living in Italy for about two years and has been searching for a church. We got his number and invited him and his friend to soccer on Saturday. And then we had scambio with the Savona Sorelle. I was with Sorella Carter. We went to try to pass by Blessing but she wasn't home so we ended up doing some finding even though it didn't work very well. Blessing lives in a little town and there were zero people haha.

On Friday we saw Marilena. Well you could say we had an awkward moment when Sorella Carter and I found out that her name is Marilin not Marilena. She just thought we couldn't pronounce her name so she didn't say anything about it. I felt awful! We talked her about the Word of Wisdom and it went really well! She's so cute and she's still getting ready for her baptism. After that we had to run to the station so that the Sorelle from Savona could catch their train. That night we did a pass by but instead we met Michael. He was just a normal 25 year old who didn't speak Italian. We were able to help him get to the station. He was pretty worried because he is here in Italy with nothing. No family, no support system, and not any sense of security. We found out that he is a refugee and he had to leave everything. We were able to help him a bit but as for now we just hope that he is okay.

Saturday was game day! We moved the soccer game from the Lampugnano church to an actual field close to Cimiano. Man, it got serious! Haha everyone stepped up their game haha. It was a lot of fun though! King and his friend were seriously so good! It was cool because some new people came and we were able to get to know them too. Gaia came too but didn't play because she still has a bad knee from rugby. Then after that we had to come home and shower because we were pretty gross and dirty. After that we spent the evening with Fernando and Eglayda. We went on a picnic with them. It had been awhile since we had seen them. Grace has already grown so much! She's getting so big!

Sunday was a crazy day at church. Gaia wouldn't have been able to play in her rugby America so at the last minute she decided to come to church instead. We were stoked to see her. After that we had a gathering at Sister Tina's house. It included good food, good people, and good karaoke. Her friend George is hilarious and he brought a karaoke microphone. I would be lying if I didn't say I was tempted to buy one. At any given point in the day, you can bet your bottom dollar that he has some form of karaoke microphone on him. I love it!

Monday we were on scambio with le sorelle from Lodi, Sorella Rosano and Carly. It's the last transfer of Sorella Rosano! I can't believe it! I was with Sorella Carly and she is the cutest ever! We had a lot of fun doing some different pass bys and were able to invite some people to soccer this Saturday. Then we headed straight from that to an art class that Anziano Simkins started to start trying a new way of finding. It was really fun actually. It turned out just the missionaries and Gaia but we had a grand old time learning how to draw Emma Watson and Ryan Gosling. It was good because we got to see Gaia before she left on her cruise with her family!

Tuesday we visited Sorella Acevado to show her some peace videos that the church has made for Pasqua. They are so good! There are videos on principles of peace for every day of the week before Easter.Then we use had the usual missionary meeting and FHE.

This week has been so amazing and it has just flown by. I'm so excited for this upcoming Easter. There's just something about holidays that are centered on Christ that make them special. There's a new video about the peace we can receive through Christ and I love it. I know personally that I am the type of person who likes to plan and the unknown can be a bit scary. The world these days can be scary. I'm grateful that we can find peace in Christ and the peace that I have found through Him.

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

You all should go watch this new video. It's such a powerful video about Christ.


Ok last but not least, I want to bear my personal testimony about our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am not a writer but I had a firm testimony that He Lives. This song is my testimony. At many different points in my life I have felt every one of these feelings and I know that because He lives our lives are changed. 

1. I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

2. He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

3. He lives, my kind, wise heav’nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I’ll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

4. He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”

I love you all! Have a wonderful Easter, but don't forget to take a few moments, yes even if you are busy with children, to think about how your life has personally been affected by the fact that Christ lives. 

Love, Sorella Anderson

   
Art Class 



 This store had the best mozzarella that was seriously 
made a half hour before we ate it. We were in heaven.

 
Treat yo self 


No comments:

Post a Comment